Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It seems I am always starting these blog posts with an apology for not being quite as faithful as I originally intended when starting this writing venture. So again, Dear Readers, I am sorry. Life seems to take precedence to whatever happens here. So what's been going on since August 19th, you ask? Tons.

I finally found out that I am leaving for Korea in December. I have to be there on the 10th--which makes it around 7-8 weeks until I leave. I found an awesome job at Starbucks (seriously--what a fab company!) and I really like the people there. It makes me sad that I am going to leave them after such a short employment post, but Korea will help me in the long run of becoming a professor...right? :)

On September 4th, my Yia Yia (my Greek Maternal Grandmother) passed away. It's still weird to know that she is gone and that I can't call her up and chat with her. I did spend some time with her this summer--we played cards and I actually won. My relationship with her has not always been what it was in the end times, but I suppose that is to be expected. She had her favorites and I clearly wasn't one of them--however, I know she was very proud of my accomplishments this year. I was looking through some old pictures yesterday in an effort to weed through the ones I would take with me to Korea and those I would leave behind. I found two pictures of her that made me smile--the first depicts us under an umbrella. When I was a kid, I sucked my thumb and held onto my ear--but in this picture, I am holding on to hers. The second photograph is of my Yia Yia when we went on a road trip from Florida to Charleston, SC; Myrtle Beach, NC; and then to Williamsburg, VA.

Here are the pictures of your viewing pleasure:





As of late, I have been collecting the things I've deemed necessary for the move. Coffee, mostly. :) I've also been asked to pick up a few things for Kat and Val :) I've also perfected the art of packing and repacking.

I can't promise that I'll write every week--but I'll do my best, especially when I'm in Seoul.

xox

1 comment:

  1. Write when you can and don't feel guilty. You're doing something way more important...you're LIVING YOUR LIFE. Don't forget that.

    ReplyDelete