Tuesday, January 11, 2011

How come that is, Teacher?

My ability to phrase my words succinctly has gone to shit. I now teach little Korean kids how to speak, write, and read English and it has taken it's toll on my own vocabulary. For a girl like me, sometimes...most times, my words were all I had.

I have been here for a month and two days now and I can't say that I hadn't been warned...I just didn't think it would happen so quickly. But maybe that's because I am embracing my job. I do love it. I love most of my kids. And the ones I'm not excited about seeing certainly get my pulse up when I have to sternly tell them to sit down and to stay on task...stay on task...I feel like I'm back in third grade. My favorites are Tae-won...he actually looks like a Korean version of my nephew, Andrew; Yumin, Charlotte, Clara, Henry, Peter, and all four of my high level Kindergarten students. I should take pictures. More on that later.

I'm finally getting over a cold that I've had since New Year's Day. My middle-of-the-night-coughing-fits are coming to a close and for that, I am truly thankful. Korea has been a pretty amazing experience so far. I just can't wait until Winter Camp is over so that I can finally get to the regular school hours...which is 2:30 to 8:30. How wonderful will that be?

Okay..I have to go pack my backpack..more later!


c

1 comment:

  1. You are doing GOOD girl - and having an amazing experience, keep blogging :) love Brigid

    ReplyDelete