Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bloggity Blog Blog Blog

So report cards are due next week and what am I doing? Writing to you all. Feel worth it, damnit. Feel the worth.

That's an interesting thing--feeling the worth. Often we don't possibly understand our own worth because we measure our successes the way we count our credits and debits in our bank accounts. We love to degrade ourselves because it's funny or we think it makes us more humble. But does it really? Are we really better people when we refuse to understand what we are truly worth?

Anyway...

I've made a promise to myself that I am going to keep up with writing this blog, and so far, I've been doing a decent job at it. YAY for self-affirmation! Work is going well--it's almost Friday here and while I will be doing report cards for the bulk of the weekend, I plan on having a skype session with a good friend that I haven't seen since I've been in Korea (10 months, can you believe it?)

Dresden is fine, thanks for asking. I am almost done knitting his hoodie--however I am going to have to frog some of it come Sunday when I have my weekly knitting meet up with Bri because I jacked it up. Knitting patterns can be more difficult to read and comprehend than a Noam Chomsky book sometimes.

It's starting to get colder here, and thank God for that! I was dying this summer--I knew coming into this whole Korean experience that Korea has the winters of Chicago but the summers of Florida, and while I grew up in Hell's bastard brother of a state, I had forgotten some of the cardinal rules of living in humid conditions...like don't even try to wear any kind of make up because it will only melt like a demonized ice cream cone. Oh Florida, how I miss the people who inhabit you, but never you and your muggy self. You rat bastard.

I watched a documentary by Cameron Crowe this week, courtesy of Mr. Pockets, called Pearl Jam Twenty and I must say it was pretty damn interesting. I was always more on the Nirvana side of the "Nirvana-Pearl Jam debate," but in my later years I have been giving Eddie Vedder and Co. more credit than they probably should have gotten from me all along. Oh well, we live and learn, right?

It's been a pretty good week for communication for me too--I've talked to some of my really good friends from Florida as well as Illinois. I do miss home--but that is inevitable. When you're blessed to know so many amazing people it makes the heart ache for older days and yearns for reunification.

I suppose I have procrastinated enough on my report cards. Until the next post, dear readers.

xo
c

2 comments: