Friday, April 24, 2015

Updates from 2014-2015. The Book. And Marriage.



No, not my marriage. Don't get nervous. ^^

It seems that every time I come back to this space, I am in a mood to apologize and promise. Apologize for spending so much time away. Promise that I will be better. And yet, here we are, again. I'm sorry. I'll try to do better.

Life, as you all know, tends to get in the way of blogging. And unless you're passion is this form of written entertainment, have a lot of time. or are considering this your ticket to fame and (mis)fortune, there isn't much one can do about it.

I enjoy writing on this platform so that my dear friends back home can view my thoughts on life in Korea or just simply catch up by reading instead of figuring out times tables to coordinate phone calls. I'd like to see that added to an SAT question:
If your friend lives in Korea, and you live in an state that is in the EST district, how long will it be till one of you figures out how to set up a time and actually talk?

Hahah I don't know what I'd do without my iPhone's "world clock" but sometimes I still mess it up, because I was an English major and doing any sort of math is like slaying a dragon of sorts. Besides, what are calculators for?

This, of course, is not a rant at my friends who I haven't talked to in a while. Far from it. Just mere observations on my end about my inability to write to you on this here bloggity blog and pick up a phone.

So that being said . . .

HI!

Things have been pretty busy since I last wrote to you all in **cough cough** July. . .(아이고)

So let's see. Still teaching. Still editing. Still loving Korea. I chopped my hair off again and dyed it blond. Finally updated my beat up, ratchety iPhone 4S and got the new iPhone 6 Plus...and I love it. I've been doing lots of work on me: meditation, prayer, spiritual reading, podcasts and the like. I'm learning lots of things about me and how to love me--which I know sounds strange, but trust. It's been a struggle for many years.

Aside from that, one of my favorite people on the planet, Sweet B, came to Seoul last year to work at the hagwon's summer camp. It was absolutely fabulous (wink!) and we had a great time reconnecting and just living it up as only Pats and Eddy could. I miss her everyday and while I know that we will always be friends, its hard to not see your favorite people more often.

There were some comings and goings of friends--which is only natural. Some were just naturally ready to leave Korea and I wish them all the love and support in their new ventures. Others left my life for other reasons, but all's well that ends well. ^^

And then there is the book. Ah. Yes. Zee book.

The book has been going well-it is just a long one, over 200 word doc pages at the moment and there is lots to edit. My mom had actually called me about it and said "Be honest," which is her way of calling me out. "You haven't written anything, have you?" Books take a long time to write and an even longer time to edit. I want it to be successful. I want this to do well. I've gone to two different fortune tellers in Korea who have told my book is going to be huge and I'll be famous (YAY!) they also said that I will be married within two years. So watch for that too. ㅋㅋㅋ

Speaking of marriage---2015 seems to be the year of matrimony, and here I thought it was the year of the Sheep. So many of my friends here are getting married! Lee and Mee Joo got hitched last month (Lee works for both the hagwon I teach at as well as a key member to ProtoStar, who is making my whole book deal possible) and his lovely bride Mee Joo (MJ for short) is my editor. Much love and happiness to the both of them on their new adventure together.

My friends Sarah and Kyu Ho are getting married in like two weeks. If you haven't checked out their youtube and Instagram accounts, I don't know what you're waiting for. Consider this your formal invitation. Get on it.

On the same day that Sarah and Kyu get married, my friends Nik and Jiyi are getting married. At the same time. Jeeeez.

Then at the end of this month, two friends who have been together for over ten years are finally going to stroll down the aisle after getting the nod from her parents! Sometimes Korea can be a pretty conservative place. As fast as it has grown up, the country struggles to embrace the future while holding tight to their traditions. But as in every Disney faerie tale, True Love Conquers All! Huzzah!


Anywho...that's about all I got. I have to get back to editing and grading so I can enjoy this beautiful 70 degree weather!

Mwah mwah mwah!

c





No comments:

Post a Comment