Monday, January 4, 2010

2010--The Year of the Tiger, and by Tiger, I Mean Culmination


HAPPY NEW YEAR!! (Nic and Chris before we hit up Brando's)


Hey Folks.

Apologies for being so silent since November. I have been up to my ears in school work, Holidays, new computers and dear friends visiting. You understand, right?

I finished this past term with a 3.8, and my cumulative gpa is a 3.24 :) It was, by far, my best semester (4 A's, 1 B). I finished up working at The Macy's on December 27th, which couldn't have ended at a better time. One of my best friends came to visit for New Years Eve. Hrm...whatelse? OH! I bought myself a MacBook Pro :) Picture me beeming and you're still nowhere near how happy I am about this computer. This amazing piece of machinery is replacing my old Dell laptop. When I bought the Dell 4 years ago, I really wanted the Mac but I just couldn't afford it. I saw so many people getting Apple Store Credit Cards to pay for them and others who just bought them because they could. I was jealous (see Entry #1) but I worked hard (at getting a school loan-THANKS MOM!) and now I have the computer of my dreams. Okay, okay. So I got a private school loan to help pay for it---but the Dell was on her last limbs and I needed a computer for when I went to China in the Spring and Korea in the Fall.

But enough about me...let's talk turkey--2009 is over.

Many people posted on facebook the words, "2009 sucked!" I don't agree at all. Sometimes it's hard to see how things are when we're going through them and to judge them too early is simply unfair. Sure, many things may have gone stupidly wrong for these outspoken individuals but to place blame on an entire year--I dunno. It certainly sucked for Celebrities...no one knew who was dying next. If 2009 were to suck, and that is a huge if, it is because we lost so many dear people. You all know my reasons for lifting up Teddy Kennedy, so we won't have to go through that. 2009 brought in a lot of changes.... Some where better than others, for sure. But we wouldn't be where we are now without them. You take the good with the bad and hopefully you come out rather even. No matter the status of 2009, I just hope that this year will be better than the last.

And so, 2010--what sort of year will you turn out to be? These things cannot be determined at this time but it is a new chance to bring happiness to ourselves and others. And I think that we as a society are in love with that possibility. So g'head. Be in love. Have fun. Smile. And if you can, write about it :)


And on that note--the NY Resolutions:

1. Write at least once a day.
2. Lose weight instead of gain weight :)
3. Be thankful for the blessings I have received so that I may bless someone else. (While we should always be thankful, sometimes I am caught up in myself).
4. Have an amazing school year (okay, it's not so much of a resolution but it's something I need to do)
5. Knit a hat and mittens before the year is over.
6. Go to church a bit more regularly.
7. Read. Write. Repeat.

I suppose that is it for now. We'll see how I do a bit later :)

Well peeps, it's a lame post but I owe you something. So there it is.

Happy New Year and make it your own!

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment