Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Floriduh.

I should just preface every entry with "sorry that I haven't written..blah blah blah." It will just save time. In fact, that reminds me of a joke--a man wakes up in the morning, turns to his wife, and says, "I'm sorry." Whatever he is going to do throughout the course of the day, he is just going to make amends before it even happens. That being said...

I'm currently in Florida, visiting my family and friends--kissing my niece and nephews to no end :) My mom, sister and I took the two little ones (Isabelle and Andrew) to Disney World (Magic Kingdom) and had a blast! The kids were absolutely amazing--they didn't cry or anything--in all actuality, it was Melissa and I who were put into a bad mood :)

Just before Christmas, Melissa rented Twilight and fell in love with it...I know, hold your vomit. So she and her husband read all of the books and was waiting patiently so that she could see New Moon in theatres. When you have three children, ages 1-6, it's rather difficult to get anywhere, especially a movie theatre to watch a Tweeny Twilight movie. When I arrived, the first thing I HAD to do was watch Twilight. It was okay--the acting wasn't terribly amazing (despite all the MTV Movie Awards it received...) and Rob Pattz had some weird eyebrow thingy going on. She left the book on the floor for me to read--I was up late after watching the movie that I started reading it. GOOD GOD is that terrible writing! I counted 7 adverbs in one sentence! OI VEY! It really is amazingly awful. So the next night Melissa, Tim and I went off to see New Moon, which was considerably better than the first one--K Stewart looked much better in this one and R Pattz's eyebrows looked better (ha! this is my review of a movie?! hehehe). The acting was better in this one too. After the movie, I went to Famous Faces and Funnies for game night and saw some friends I haven't seen in years. I'm glad I got to see Val, my bestest of besties :) (Have I resorted to being a 7th grader?? Fucking Twilight..)

Another reason it was important to make this trip to Florida--aside from the weather being amazingly wonderful--was that my step-sister Becky and her family were moving to Japan. Becky had a baby boy, Brayden, in June and I hadn't met him (due to the fact that I was poor over the summer and then school was happening in the Fall). So I got to meet him before they all set off for Japan. I told Beck that when I'm in Korea, I'll make the hour plane ride to come visit and I fully intend to keep that promise.

We leave tomorrow to return to the Great White Midwest and while I'm anxious for this last semester of school to start, I wish I could have had more time to spend with my Dad, my friends, and of course, these munchkins.

All in all, it was a great week.

So yeah...there is no poetic epiphany...James Joyce would be disappointed...but what else is new?

1 comment:

  1. Well, I guess I'm glad to hear the second was a terrible as the first. However, no matter how good the second Twilight is, it still cannot undo the damage the first caused in my inner being.

    I've never had the occasion to crack open a written version of the sparkle-vampire series, but my older sister -- a prolific and educated reader -- loves the series, so I assumed they were at least moderately well-written. It's interesting to hear they are not; clearly her hopeless romanticism has blinded her better judgement.

    Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete