Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy Holidays. Schmappy Schmolidays...

Ho Ho Ho Dear Readers and a Merry Almost Christmas to you and yours.

Updates updates updates.

Where to begin?

When we last spoke, Mom had finished her visit here, and that was in the beginning of October. It's now December 3rd. Yikes. November, as you can imagine, friggin' flew by. Time, as we know moves very quickly, and for some reason, time in Korea feels like it goes faster than it normally does.

During the month of November, I spent a lot of time editing this story that I am writing. I spent some quality time with friends. I drank a little too much. Stopped smoking. And found every excuse not to go to the gym. Sigh. I'm still upset about that last one. I wasted an entire month not working out--although, to be fair, I was quite sick for the last three weeks of November. It still hasn't completely left my system--making this week four. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuudge.




So's anyway...here I am, sitting in my beloved Starbucks across from my apartment. My apartment...there was another headache. My washer broke. My hot water heater stopped working. Thank God that I had heat. Heating in my apartment comes from beneath the floorboards, which totally makes sense when you think about it. Heat rises. Duh. Also, many Korean people sleep on the floor, so it's quite toasty. Not to mention the fact that it is SUPER effective to dry your jeans that you wash the night before (because Koreans generally do not have dryers).Hey Girl Hey!

Thanksgiving was great--I spent it with my E-Spirit family and had a glorious meal. We played a rousing game of celebrity afterwards and in a gracious fashion, it came out to be a tie. No tie breaker. It's a Thanksgiving miracle. One love. One team.

Yesterday I went out to Insadong to do some Christmas shopping. It made me happy that it's gotten so chilly here but on the other hand, it makes me sad that I am not with my family and friends for another Christmas. I was just remarking to Jess that throughout the year I am fine. I'm about 70/30 "missing" home (70 being "I'm in love with Korea, I'm totes fine" and 30 being "Ooo I miss Chicago style pizza/friends and family"). But once Thanksgiving hits, it's the other way around. It will certainly pass, it just takes a little while.
I remember hearing people getting the Holiday blues and I would think, "oh come on!"



But I totally get it now. And I'm sure the their situations were not exactly similar to mine--but who knows, maybe they were? And who am I to judge?

So I suppose that is all for now. I would like to make a commitment to update the blog every month to let everyone know my thoughts and whatnot. I think that is a decent commitment.

Also, I need to start thinking of my NY resolutions. This past year I had 12. I completed 9 of them. Holla! Usually if I have 1, I will fail at meeting that expectation.

Alright. This is me. Signing off. Perhaps I'll write another blog entry on the Christmas break. Until then...

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment